I was looking around online at different breakfast recipes the other day at work, and this vegan blueberry muffin recipe stood out for two reasons. 1. I love blueberry muffins! 2. How in the world are these things vegan?
I found out that vegan food has no dairy or egg products at all. I was curious as to how the muffins would taste without milk or eggs in them so I printed it out and decided to try it. Turns out they are amazing, so I wanted to share the recipe with you guys.
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup refined sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup plus a little extra non-dairy milk of your choice (I used vanilla almond milk since that’s all I had)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (If you use frozen make sure you thaw them out before adding them in)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Then grease 12 muffin cups or line them with muffin liners.
- Combine all your dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Next combine the oil, mashed banana, and milk. After this is well incorporated fold in the blueberries.
- Divide the batter into the muffin cups, about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes. Let cool and enjoy!
All the dry ingredients…
Oil, mashed banana, and milk has been added.
Batter with blueberries folded in.
Batter distributed in the muffin cups.
Freshly baked muffins!