Okay so this beauty DIY is one I’ve actually used quite a bit and like. I haven’t used this tip a lot, but I need to start using it again. Like the last DIY this one is very simple, but this time this one only uses two things:
Your favorite shampoo
About 1 teaspoon baking soda
That’s it. Pretty simple, right?
My hair does this weird thing where it’ll go months without getting too oily too quickly, and then go months where my hair is oily almost every day. So when that happens I use this simple and easy beauty DIY.
After you wet your hair put some shampoo in one hand, and mix in about 1 teaspoon of baking soda. Mix the shampoo and baking soda together in your hand and apply to your hair. Rinse all this off and voila! Hello oil free hair!
Baking soda helps give your shampoo that little oomph when it comes to cleaning your hair, and it doesn’t add any chemicals to it. The baking soda works as a natural oil fighter. Isn’t that awesome?
I would recommend doing this about once a week. I tried doing this twice a week, but it dried out my hair a bit too much. So if you’re like me and fighting oily hair, give this a try and let me know how it goes!
So this week I’m using the theme “beauty DIY’s” for my posts. Now this doesn’t mean I’m going to post every single day, but it does mean that you can expect at least 3 posts that have to do with homemade beauty products or tips that you can try!
For day 1 I made a facial mask using two things that most people have somewhere in their kitchens. Honey and baking soda! This is a wash off facial mask that is supposed to help “brighten your skin and clear your face with just one use!”
Do I believe that? Nope. Am I going to try it out anyway? Yep. Am I hoping it’ll help something with my skin? Yes.
Here’s what to need to make this mask:
2 Tablespoons honey
1 Tablespoon baking soda
A small bowl
Mix the honey and baking soda up. Wash face up and apply the mixture using small circular motions. Let the mask set for about 15-20 minutes. After the time is up simply wash off!
Here is what the mask will look like after it’s been mixed.
After you apply the mask you wait! Waiting is the hard part considering this is a bit of a sticky mask, haha.
Alright, so I just took this mask off. It was extremely sticky and all, but my face is super soft and I can tell it’s a bit brighter than it was before.
Will I ever use this mask again? I don’t think so. I didn’t like the sticky feeling and all, but it was nice to try something else out.
I think if you were to use this maybe once a week you would see results. In the meantime I’ll continue my search to find other facial masks I like. Until next time!
With autumn approaching I thought I would share my 15 reasons why I think autumn is the best season. Let me know what you love about autumn, or what your favorite season is as well!
- The trees have beautiful leaves in shades of red, orange, and yellow.
- Perfect bonfire weather…all the time.
- Sweaters with t-shirts worn underneath them.
- Vanilla pumpkin coffee- if you’ve never had it you’re missing out big time!
- Crisp fall breezes.
- Speaking of breezes, the weather is just nice. Not too hot and not too cold.
- Rain, there is just something about rain in autumn that makes it so much better.
- Hot cocoa.
- Hot tea.
- Coffee in general.
- Better baking weather, it makes the house nice and warm, and the aroma from the batch of cookies smells oh so good.
- Autumnal scents- candles, air freshener, you name it. Pumpkin, cinnamon, apple, it’s all quite nice.
- Fuzzy socks, no one wants to wear fuzzy socks when it’s hot. Well at least a lot of people don’t want to.
- You know what goes great with those bonfires? S’mores. Now you can have s’mores at any time, but I think they taste better with a bonfire in the cooler weather.
- Lastly, my birthday, and all the birthdays of autumn babies everywhere!