Y’all guess what! The lovely Ms. Sunshine from Sunshine in My Soul has nominated me for the Blogger Recognition Award. Thank-you so much! Y’all need to go to her blog and check it out! Her posts are so calming and so pretty and well put together.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to display your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select (up to) 15 other bloggers for this award.
- Comment on each blog to let them know you nominated them and link to the post you created.
How It Started
I started the blog in August of 2015, but didn’t keep up with it like I wanted to. It hasn’t been until this year that I’ve started setting more time aside for the blog, and I’m happy I’ve decided to do that. I started the blog to have a place to talk about my civil war reenacting, but now that I’ve stepped away from reenacting this blog is a place where I can talk about every day life, trips, and projects I’m working on.
Advice I have to new bloggers is first of all think of a name for the blog. Make sure it’s a name that you love (I think this one is a given, haha) and make sure it’s a name that not only reflects what your blog is about, but also a name that has meaning to you. The next piece of advice I have is to make time for the blog and to plan. When you do those things it makes blogging so much easier. The last piece of advice I have is to enjoy what you write! Write about things you love and you’ll find that it’s much more enjoyable to blog.
Who I Nominate: