This is the recipe for the bread I made the other night. I did some modifications to it as the original wasn’t working out for me. :)
- 2 cups warm water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup oil
- 6 cups flour (I was out of bread flour so I did a mixture of all-purpose and self rising flour)
- In either a bowl or an electric mixing bowl dissolve the sugar into the warm water, and then stir in yeast. Let it set until the yeast is nice and foamy.
- Mix the salt and the oil into this yeast mixture.
- Mix in flour one cup at a time until the dough forms into a ball. (This is when I took my dough out of the electric mixer. It wasn’t getting the consistency I wanted so I took the dough out and hand kneaded for about 5 minutes.)
- Place dough in a well oiled bowl and turn to coat. Cover and let rise for about an hour, or until the dough has risen double in size.
- Punch the dough down and form into two loaves. Put these loaves into 2 well oiled bread pans and let set for about half an hour. While the dough is rising a second time set your oven for 350 degrees.
- After the dough has risen for half an hour put the pans into the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.