I think the older I get I realize that I tend to get stressed out easily, and I mean easily. For instance, just thinking of my next chemistry quiz (a quiz not a test) starts making me feel all panicked and sick to my stomach. This is even with just thinking of it! I am learning that I deal with stress with a few different methods and I wanted to share these methods with you.
- Coffee. Yes, I *love* coffee. It is one of the best things ever invented and is my go to drink, not just with stress.
- Breathing. Okay this probably should’ve been first, but come on people. Coffee is amazing so it should be first. ;) Breathing helps me remember to slow down and take a minute. I will normally sit down and start breathing in and out slowly until I feel more at ease.
- Walking. It doesn’t mean I have to be outside either. Sometimes I just walk around the house until I don’t feel stressed anymore.
- Writing out a list. I have no idea why, but there are times when writing out a list of things I need to accomplish helps me with stress. I think it helps the fact that I am taking my mind off of whatever I was stressing over, and begin to think of what I need to do.
- Petting our animals. Giving our dogs or cats some lovins helps out as well and they certainly don’t mind that. ;)
- Filling out my monthly planner. This may make others stressed, but it helps me feel like I have control over something. And it also gets me to figure out what all I need to do for the month.
Stress is *not* fun at all, but finding tips and tricks can help make it so much easier. I hope these help and if you have any methods that you use let me know. I can always use the advice!